A multibillion-dollar pipeline is being built through sacred lands which has sparked outrage, protest and heartbreak among not only tribe members, but by the people who stand in solidarity with tribal members who are sick and tired of having sacred lands being bulldozed and disrespected.
ABC news reported that a judge ordered a temporary halt on construction on part of the 1,172-mile Dakota Access pipeline after tensions between protesters and workers escalated over the weekend. Witnesses said private security workers unleashed pepper spray and pit bulls on a crowd of men, women, and some children who were protesting the pipeline over the weekend.
“These were grave sites and these were these people’s ancestors buried here,” Dallas Goldtooth, who said he witnessed the protest, “What happened on Saturday was that Dakota Access bulldozed right through a sacred site.” Goldtooth added that the conflict escalated quickly when Dakota Access workers plowed through what was believed to be a newly discovered sacred site on private land before state officials could come and survey the area.The tribe also expressed deep concern in court docs for potential contamination to their drinking water supply.
How can you help? listed below are 10 important links to show your support, We stand in solidarity with our Native Brothers and sisters to stop this disgusting and violent act against the ancestors and our Earth. We send prayers and healing to those in need at Standing Rock! please share!
1. Call North Dakota governor Jack Dalrymple at 701-328-2200. When leaving a message stating your thoughts about this subject please be professional.
2. Sign the petition to the White House to Stop DAPL: Https://Petitions.Whitehouse.Gov/…/Stop-Construction…
3. Donate to support the Standing Rock Sioux atHttp://Standingrock.Org/…/Standing-Rock-Sioux-Tribe…/
4. Donate items from the Sacred Stone Camp Supply List: Http://Sacredstonecamp.Org/Supply-List/
5. Call the White House at (202) 456-1111 or (202) 456-1414. Tell President Obama to rescind the Army Corps of Engineers’ Permit for the Dakota Access Pipeline.
6. Contribute to the Sacred Stone Camp Legal Defense Fund: Https://Fundrazr.Com/D19fAf
7. Contribute to the Sacred Stone Camp gofundme account: Https://Www.Gofundme.Com/Sacredstonecamp
8. Call the Army Corps of Engineers and demand that they reverse the permit: (202) 761-5903
9. Sign other petitions asking President Obama to stop the Dakota Access Pipeline. Here’s the latest to cross my desk – Https://Act.Credoaction.Com/Sign/NoDAPL
10. Call the executives of the companies that are building the pipeline:
a. Lee Hanse Executive Vice President Energy Transfer Partners, L.P. 800 E Sonterra Blvd #400 San Antonio, Texas 78258 Telephone: (210) 403-6455 [email protected]
b. Glenn Emery Vice President Energy Transfer Partners, L.P. 800 E Sonterra Blvd #400 San Antonio, Texas 78258 Telephone: (210) 403-6762 [email protected]
c. Michael (Cliff) Waters Lead Analyst Energy Transfer Partners, L.P. 1300 Main St. Houston, Texas 77002 Telephone: (713) 989-2404 [email protected]
“The most effective means of showing support for this cause is to actively participate in protecting this sacred land. Anyone who is able to travel to the peaceful encampments is encouraged to do so. For those unable to make the journey to North Dakota, please utilize the alternate methods provided to show your support for the Standing Rock Sioux who have united over 100 tribes from across the U.S. Please join this effort to stop this pipeline, which desecrates sacred lands and has serious potential to damage or destroy the Standing Rock reservations lifeblood – its water.”- Jay Syrmopoulos Read more @ Thefreethoughtproject.Com/