BOY GOES TO HOSPITAL TO GET CUT ABOVE HIS EYE TREATED, DOCTORS MAKE GIGANTIC MISTAKE

ADVERTISEMENT

A young boy was rushed to the hospital after a playground accident resulted in a nasty gash on the forehead. Doctors attempting to glue the wound closed accidentally dripped some in the boy’s eye. The child was almost blinded and was traumatized by the event.

Jay Watson, age 4, was out with his older brother and grandmother when there was an accident. Jay fell and gashed his head open and wouldn’t stop bleeding. He was rushed to the hospital, but things went from bad to worse.

As a doctor attempted to use medical glue to close Jay’s wound, he accidentally dripped some glue into the child’s eye. The powerful sealant sealed his eye shut.

Doctors apologized to the family and told him that the sealant should dissolve enough in a few hours so that Jay could open his eye, but it actually took five days. The family decided to wait because the alternative– forcing his eye open– would have been more painful and frightening.

The family is angry and said the entire incident left the boy traumatized.

“The whole thing should have been over and done with in ten minutes. Why they didn’t put an eye patch or something to protect his eye, I don’t know,” said Jayne Gilder, Jay’s grandmother. “What amazed us even more was the fact that the doctor told us it wasn’t the first time this had happened. The stress that child went through to try to and open his eye is unbelievable. He screamed the hospital down, all because of incompetence.”

The hospital declined to comment.

Source: Mail Online
Photo: SWNS via Mail Online

Thankfully his eye is ok.

You may also like...